As the fastest growing drug epidemic in the nation, prescription drug abuse has led to a widespread critical need for practitioners to administer compliance monitoring, through urine drug testing to protect the patient, the doctor and the community. The severe repercussions of the street market demand for highly addictive pain relief, anxiety and depression drugs has caused lawmakers and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) alike to mandate more stringent controls that prescribers are tasked with following. Toxicology is a vital first step toward establishing, and maintaining the safe and effective use of opioid analgesics in the treatment of chronic pain. PrevMed partners, with a variety of laboratories that offer comprehensive, low-cost testing options, including lease programs with the ultimate goal of developing a Best Practice Standard Urine Drug Screening program. Test results are immediate and contain panels of various high risk drug families.
- Help monitor patients’ prescribed medications that have addictive potential
- Identifies women who might be pregnant who are using drugs or alcohol
- Prevents dangerous medication interactions
- Help clinicians to assess treatment plans
- Protects the doctor and clinic when it comes to legal matters